Bringing your dog to kennels
Prepare for a calm, stress free transition
- Allow plenty of time to bring your dog.
- A stressed owner equals a stressed dog.
- Complete your paper work at home in peace, so as to remember all relevant information to help make your dog most comfortable.
- Click below to download kennel forms:
- Have his/her vaccination card ready.
- Remember all vaccinations are needed annually.
- Please allow two weeks for any booster shots to take effect.
- “Kennel cough” immunisation is essential .
- Prepare or decide on bedding.
- It is best not to have it washed, so it has the smell of home.
- Please bring your dog’s usual food.
- Some dogs will not eat for a day or so when they come to the kennels and they will certainly not eat dry nuts if they get scraps at home!
- Almost any preference can be facilitated, so please provide information on how they like their food so as to minimise upset.
- We welcome owners to bring favorite toys.
- This contributes to the “home from home” atmosphere for your dog.
- When it’s time to say goodbye, try to be matter-of-fact as this conveys a calm energy to your dog.
- If you fuss and look back with sadness, your dog will pick up on this too.
- Relax, knowing that it is our aim to ensure your dog has a great holiday, while you enjoy yours.